QCO and Public-School Tax Credit Information
Creek Valley Health Clinic is a registered Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO) designated by the Arizona Department of Revenue. This designation is provided to nonprofit organizations that “provide basic needs services to residents of Arizona that are low income, have chronic illness, and/or have physical disability”. More information, including a list of registered QCOs, can be found online at www.azdor.gov.
The purpose of the QCO Program is to allow Arizona residents to allocate a portion of their state income tax to nonprofit organizations that provide basic needs and support services. A dollar-for-dollar tax credit is provided to individuals who donate to QCOs up to a certain amount each year (see amounts below).
The QCO Tax Credit is entirely separate from the Public-School Tax Credit. As you file your taxes, you may receive credits for both donations made to QCOs, and also eligible public schools in Arizona.
The maximum credit amounts that can be received through these programs are:
Qualifying Charitable Organization (QCO) Tax Credit:
· Single, Head of Household, or Married Filing Separately: Up to $400 per year
· Married Filing Jointly: Up to $800 per year
· Credit is claimed on Form 321 when filing your state income taxes
Public School Tax Credit Program:
· Single, Head of Household, or Married Filing Separately: Up to $200 per year
· Married Filing Jointly: Up to $400 per year
· Credit is claimed on Form 322 when filing your state income taxes
Thank you for your interest in these programs and using tax dollars to benefit our local community. If you have any questions regarding these programs or donations, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.